(2021) Career Interview: Cecilia Palacios

By: Ferny Lira (Casa Romero)

Interview with Cecilia Palacios

I was lucky to interview an artist named Cecilia. Throughout the interview I learned a few new things that I needed to know in order to pursue something in art. Cecilia is an illustrator for Kohls. Meaning, they mainly draw furniture. Cecilia also makes illustrations for her instagram to show her art in case anyone is interested.



Cecilia went to MIAD and originally dreamed of becoming a comic book artist. When they got into college they found their career through connections. Cecilia always loved making art and knew they wanted to become an artist. Cecilia says that one of their biggest struggles is staying consistent on their instagram whilst taking breaks from time to time to focus on themselves. Some skills Cecilia believes are important for someone interested in pursuing art are dedication and passion. They believe that the only way anyone can truly become an artist is if they work hard for something they love doing. Cecilia wishes they had known how their art would improve later in their career. Some advice they would give to someone my age who is interested in illustration is to experiment with different forms of art and challenge yourself to new things to find what you really enjoy.



I think it was really interesting when Cecilia mentioned that you don’t have to go to an art school in order to become an artist. There are many other opportunities that will get you where you want to be. This made me realize that I can find many other sources that will help me become an illustrator, I don’t have to go the ideal path. I really enjoyed talking to Cecilia because they gave me more sentimental answers than just informative. They tried to help me think about what I really want as a career path instead of giving me straightforward answers. 




Comments